Imagine that you are working with really important and enormous data sets. Structured and unstructured records of transactions, clicks, documents or web data. Imagine yourself on a state-of-the-art Data Lab where you have a dedicated data cluster with all the open source tools at your disposal. If you are interested in solving complex puzzles and like to add value to our clients by making data and analytics work, read on!
As a Data Scientist you develop the intelligence and analyses:
• You will be a specialist in advanced data analytics and fulfil a broad role in developing analytical transformation;
• You will operate within a complex web of data sources and advise and execute analysis that leads to new insights;
• You will be presenting your insights and products to various stakeholders, from executive management to your colleagues;
• You will actively participate in knowledge sharing, meetups, code reviews and deep dives to develop the ambitious team that you are part of;
• You will be working in small multi-disciplinary teams with roles such as business consultants and data engineers.
With you collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Data & Analytics team works together to support the whole organisation with analytical solutions. With you as a Data Scientist, the team consists of 15 colleagues in a variety of roles, including: Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Platform Engineers and Consultants.
With your talent abstract thinking, creativity, strong analytical and quantitative skills are essential for the role of Data Scientist within our team. Hence it is important that you meet the following characteristics:
• A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Econometrics, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Mathematics or equivalent;
• Experience of 2-3 years in data analytics and in statistical (regression, clustering and classification), descriptive and diagnosis methods; knowledge of forecasting methods;
• An inquisitive mind-set eager to solve complex problems;
• Demonstrable programming experience in Python or another programming language such as Java/C/C++/R;
• Experience with Hadoop (with or without YARN), the MapReduce framework and with at least one of Hadoop’s related database systems: Hive, PySpark;
• Experience with DataIku is considered an advantage;
• Strong analytical and social skills and the capability to translate data intelligence to valuable insights for the rest of the organisation is considered an advantage;
• Fluent in English and Dutch.
Do you want to invest in your skills as a Data Scientist? We would love to help you achieve this goal by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. Our professionals will be there to share their valuable knowledge with you. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to help you grow and excel as a professional. Based on a 36-hour working week, you can also expect:
• A gross yearly salary between EUR 45K and EUR 75K depending on your experience and Seniority.
• A thirteenth month and holiday pay
• An Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout
• A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career
• Flexible working times and location-independent working
• 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport!
Are you the person we’re looking for? Are you ready to join us as a Data Scientist and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application.